Safe Guarding Policy Statement
Children are a fundamental part of our Church family and we embrace 'Safeguarding Trust' (the Church of Irelands Child protection policy) as a way of creating and maintaining a safe environment where all our children are protected from any type of abuse and feel happy and safe in exploring faith and sharing life as we learn to follow Jesus together. It is important that they understand how to raise any concerns they may have with members in our community.
In putting in place and following all of the policies and practices of 'Safeguarding Trust' we are also ensuring that all of our members involved in children’s ministry are appointed and trained to operate within good practice frameworks and are protected from unfounded allegations. As a Church we are committed to reviewing our policy on a regular basis.
Our panel members responsible for implementing 'Safeguarding Trust' are:
- Rev. Trevor Stevenson
- Margaret Scargill
- Stephen Gardiner
In the United Dioceses of Dublin and Glendalough, Olive Good (Regulator for Safeguarding Trust) is responsible for the training of leaders and panel members.
All of our groups for children and young people comply with the Safeguarding Trust: The Church of Ireland’s Child Protection Policy.
For more information please click on one of the links below:
- Crinken Church - Child Safe Guading Trust statement here
- For more information about Safeguarding Trust please visit here
- Crinken Anti-Bullying Policy can viewed here
- Crinken Church Staff / Volunteer Complaints Procedure can be view here
- Crinken Church Staff / Volunteer Grievance Procedure here
- Crinken Church - Communications Policy here
- Crinken Church - Working in Partnership With Parents/Guardians Policy here
Updated Jan 3rd 2020